The Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act pertains to all publicly held companies. To reduce corporate fraud, these companies must establish internal controls and procedures for financial reporting.
Information technology continues to become a core facilitator of business processes. Many businesses must audit and validate their relevant IT systems. This ensures their company’s processes and records are complying with SOX regulations.
Your entire IT infrastructure—from server and network security to IT practices and operations—must be reinforced and configured to maintain and prove compliance in the event of an audit. Loyal IT provides a quick and less costly solution. We offer internal controls to collect and protect the sensitive information needed to prove compliance. Contact us today to learn more.
SOX Compliance serves to establish verifiable security controls to protect companies from disclosure of confidential data. It helps track personnel to detect fraud-related data tampering.
The SOX Act contains many sections that a company must adhere to. But the two principal sections that relate specifically to security are summarized as follows:
- Section 302 – This section safeguards against faulty financial reporting. Companies must safeguard their data responsibly. This ensures financial reports are not based off of faulty data, tampered data, or data that is inaccurate.
- Section 404 – This section mandates adherence to the safeguards stated in Section 302. Data must be externally verifiable by independent auditors. This allows independent auditors to disclose to shareholders and the public any possible breaches in security that may affect company finances. This section guarantees that the security of data can’t be hidden from auditors and security breaches must be reported.
Loyal IT provides a secure environment to help companies of any size meet SOX financial record keeping and reporting regulations.
Conducting a Risk Assessment is the first step in identifying and implementing safeguards necessary to be compliant. Loyal IT finds the gaps that may exist between a client’s current security structure and the SOX requirements. We scale our solution assessments to meet the individual needs of your company.
- Data Loss Prevention
- Locate, classify, and prevent sensitive data from leaving your network.
- Network Access Control
- Prevent managed and unmanaged devices from introducing malware. We ensure they follow policies.
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Discover any potential weaknesses in your system to prevent exploitation by hackers.
- Intrusion Detection & Prevention
- Reinforce your network boundary perimeter. This protects against attacks that could threaten your financial systems.
- Gain an expansive visibility of potential threats to your network. Strengthen your compliance processes through logging, monitoring, and analysis of events.
- SSL Certificates
- Keep sensitive data protected. Prevent data transmission across web-enabled applications.
What Our Clients Are Saying
Loyal IT and the entire team there have been partners in our success. From the time they began working with us we saw immediate improvement in functionality, reliability, and overall stability of our operating platform. In an independent cyber-security audit, Loyal IT helped our company achieve a better score than most companies significantly larger than ours. We appreciate that we have accomplished all of this within a reasonable budget and on a time line that worked for us. The best compliment I can give Loyal IT is that I do not often have to think about our operating platform but am able to focus on running our own business.
Chief Financial Officer
Publicly-traded Real Estate Investment Trust, Client Since 2014
I think Loyal IT is a wonderful and reliable service provider. They have a very courteous and knowledgeable staff. Our organization contemplated hiring a full-time engineer to manage our servers and computers. I am glad we picked Loyal IT to handle the job. Proud customer since 2006.
Vice President of Finance & Administration
Association with 6 branch locations, 600 Employees, Loyal IT Client for 10 Years
Our church has been a customer since 2001. Loyal IT was able to assess our needs as we grew as a parish and provide the service we have come to expect. Not only do you receive service during the sale but long after the equipment has been installed. We are very pleased with all the decisions Loyal IT helped us make.
Non-Profit Serving Over 5500 Families, Loyal IT Client for 15 Years
Loyal IT has been taking care of the computers in our offices for several years. They understand the true meaning of service. When I need them to take care of something, they do it fast and they do it right. Thank you Loyal IT!